06 September 2006

Plug, plug me do!

Whether you like it or not, plugs are vital to everyday girlie life. They are attached to the end of my hairdryer, my ghd straighteners, my Octopus hand-painted toaster and mercifully, the end of the bit of wire that makes my dishwasher go. I didnt like plugs before this post, and I still dont very much like them now...

Pingu doesn’t much like plugs, as that normally means that she got soaked and needs hair drying again. She seems to be back to normal now (apart from looking like Herman Munster), in other words she is bored stiff with being locked in all the time and has started ripping everything to peices! (I would have posted a picture of her but i forgot to bring the cable to attach my camera to my pc this morning)

Plugs can break for all sorts of reasons i.e. the fuse goes after one too many episodes of Eastenders or the pins get bent when you throw it against the wall.

Here i tell you 2 easy methods for plug fixing:

Option 1.
Sod replacing them - if you can afford it just buy a new one of whatever it is.

Option2. (failing option 1)

  • Unscrew the plug in the centre of the plug (should be on the side with the pins).
  • Remove the top cover (try not to let any little bits fall out).
  • If there are any small screws inside holding the wires in place - remove them too.
  • Pull the plug off the end of the wires.
  • Unwrap new plug from ecologically-unsound packaging.
  • The new plug should have markings (E for Earth; L for Live; N for Neutral).
  • There should be 3 wires in the appliance (Blue, Brown, and a green and yellow striped one).
  • Put the blue wire where the marking N is.
  • Put the brown wire where the marking L is.
  • Put the yellow and green wire where the marking E is.
  • Screw the cover back on again.

Suggesto what i should research next!