01 September 2006

Losing my blogging virginity!

Afternoon world.

When I started my most recent job my colleagues expected me (as a software engineer), to be as geeky and life-obsessed with all things technical as they are. Fine, except i'm female and have a 53-strong (and growing) shoe collection.

So what if I spend my days programming web applications in C#, i spend my evenings trawling the bargain linkbutton on ASOS.com. So what if i did my degree in Artificicial Intelligence, I had my nail extensions done yesterday and am finding it hard to type today. Oh and i should introduce my cat, Pingu, at this stage. I will be seeking her professional input on a regular basis...

Sadly, I actually do aspire to be as geeky as those i mock on a regular basis. So to help me achieve my goal I am starting this blog. My intention (good yet probably a little niave) is to examine something technical each week and report on it in female layman terms. Hopefully this will help a wider audience than just myself. I think i might start with "thumbs".

Watch this space :)